The latest newsletter of the Northern Lakes Economic Alliance (NLEA) is now online. Topics include:
- New NLEA Officers
- Industrial Magnets, Inc. Invests $1.3 million in New Technology
- Is Your Business Energy Efficient?
- Energy Efficiency Grant Winners
- Governor Offers Road Map
- Small Town Design Initiative
- Low-Interest Hoophouse Loans Available
- Save Time and Money: Use State Negotiated Contracts
- “Filing Season Central”
- Great Workshops, Seminars & Conferences
Congratulations to the local winners of the Energy Efficiency Grant:
City of Charlevoix
City of Petoskey
The Village & Township of Elk Rapids The Northwest Michigan Council of Governments (NWMCOG) awarded each community $40,000.00 for planning and implementation of energy efficiency at public buildings. The goal of the energy efficiency grant is to create energy savings, to demonstrate energy technologies, and to create economic opportunities for Michigan and regionally-based companies.